An Exceptional Library
The Central library has been built to International Standards, Spreads over to Ground plus Six Floors with an area of 8490 sq.m. It is centrally air-conditioned, well-protected with fire alarm, CCTV and 3M-book security system. Specialized collections of Books, Journals & Non-book materials are available in Basic Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Biotechnology, Humanities and Social Sciences. The Collection replete with 2,57,742 Documents, 2,03,410 Volumes of Books 26,100 Back Volumes 13,715 CDs\ DVDs. 561 video cassettes and 305 Audio Cassettes. The Central Library subscribes 401 National and International Print Journals and 13250+ e-Journals. The subscribed e-resources are ASCE Journals, ASME Journals, ASTM Journals and Standards, IEL online (IEEE & IET), Science Direct, EBSCO Business Source Complete, EMERALD Management 200 Journals, SCIFINDER Scholar, SAE Technical Papers, Indian Standards Codes, British Standards Euro Codes, ACM, ProQuest ABI/Inform Complete, ProQuest Dissertation and Thesis (ETD), Springerlink 1600+ Journals, MathScinet, Nature Publishing Group Journals, Scopus (e-bibliographic database with 15,100+ peer reviewed journals indexing and abstracts). Also we have Engineering Village - Referex subject collections e-books and ebrary e-book collections. The Library has a Video Conferencing facility and NPTEL video courses. Apart from central library each school having a separate library with good collection.
The Library contributes to the fulfillment of the University's mission by:
- Selecting, acquiring, organising, maintaining and making accessible a collection of printed and non-printed, primary and secondary materials that will support the educational, research and public service programmes of both students and the faculty
- Responding to the varying needs of the academic community by involving the faculty, the students and the administration in the development and periodic assessment of the library services and resources
- Providing library users with point-of-use instruction, personal assistance in conducting literature research and other reference services
- Providing an environment conducive to the optimum use of library materials and an appropriate schedule of hours of service and professional assistance
- Participating in overall computing resources plan and providing for full library utilization of automation technology, physical facilities and equipment adequate to process, catalogue and store the materials.
- Enhancing the library's resources and services through
cooperative relationship with other libraries and agencies.
- Circulation Section - Issue Counter, Return / Renewal Counter, Study Room.
- Director - Library Office, Sr. Asst. Librarian Office, (Periodical) Technical Section I, Journal Section.
- Back Volumes Section, Copier Section, Periodical office and WEB OPAC.
Reference Section - Reading Hall, Discussion Rooms, Copier Section, Deputy Librarians' & Asst. Librarian Office, Alumni Book Bank Section.
Stack Area - I (Engineering and Technology), Reading Hall, Discussion Room, Book Bank Section, Asst. Librarian Office, Technical Section II.
Stack Area - II ( Science and Humanities) Videoconferencing Hall, Digital Library, Media Resource / NPTEL Centre, Library Server Room, Asst. Librarian Office.
4th and 5thFloor
Back Volumes Section/Research Scholar Wing