We at VIT will impart futuristic technical education and instil high patterns of discipline through our dedicated staff, who shall set global standards, making our students technologically superior and ethically strong, who in turn shall improve the quality of life of the human race.
Our mission is to educate students from all over India, including those from the local and rural areas, and from other countries, so they become enlightened individuals, improving the living standards of their families, industry and society. We will provide individual attention, world-class quality education and take care of character building.
- Student focus
- Strong work ethics
- Striving for excellence
- Respect for all
- Social Development
- Over 2,23,000 appeared for the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) in 2017
- The institution offers 36 Undergraduate, 31 Post graduate, 4 Integrated and 3 Research Programmes.
- NAAC has re-accredited VIT with an 'A' grade.
- A 360-acre eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh sq.ft. built-up space at Vellore.
- A 170 acre eco-friendly second campus at Chennai.
- Over 35,000 students, with nearly 1/3rd of them women
- Students from 60 countries as well as from every state in India
- Over 1400 faculty and 1413 staff.
- VIT has been accredited by TCS, Wipro and Cognizant for academic collaboration and placements.
- Entered the Limca Book of Records for Campus Recruitment.