About ICNAN ‘19
ICNAN 2019 aims to bring together Indian and International communities (students, scientists, engineers and stakeholders from academia, government laboratories, industry and other organisations) working in the field of nanoscale science and technology to discuss new and exciting advances in the field. The conference covers broad theme on this area to accommodate wide range of interests and to facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration/interaction in both academia and industry. Nanotechnology is now revolutionizing in all sectors of science and technology from medicine, energy, environmental and electronics etc,.
Its applications are enormous and hence this conference will be a right platform to bring in experts and researchers across the globe to discuss the current trends and future aspects of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Most of the practical applications of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology to cater the need of Nations will be given importance in this conference. The conference will also provide an ideal environment to develop new collaborations and opportunities to meet the experts working on various areas of this field. Moreover, ICNAN will provide an international forum for the exchange of technical information through plenary lectures, invited talks, presentations (Oral/Poster) by researchers and scientists.
- Synthesis and Fabrication of Advanced 0D/1D/2D Nanostructures
- Thin Film Deposition Techniques
- Advanced Nanomaterials characterization
- Molecular Nanoscience, Catalysis and Applications
- Nanomaterials for
- Energy harvesting, Storage and Conversion
- Environment (Water purification, Adsorbents, CO2 remediation)
- Food, Agriculture and Health care
- Hydrogen Energy using Nanostructured materials
- Magnetic Nanomaterials and applications
- Biomedical-related devices and methods at the micro- and nano-scale
- Nanophotonics and Plasmonics
- Nanoelectronics: Fabrication/ modelling and simulation
- Quantum computing/ Quantum information processing
- Industrial Nanotechnology
Highlights of ICNAN '19
- Plenary Lecture by Nobel Laureate
- Lectures from renowned speakers
- Scopus Indexed and Reputed Journal Publications
- Thematic Sessions
- RSC "Nanoscale & Nanoscale Advances" Poster Presentation Awards
- ACS Poster Presentation Awards
- Young Researcher Awards
- Industrial Interactive Sessions
- Expert discussion on Joint projects and Bilateral proposals (EU funding)
- Round table session on recent scenario and future trends in Nanoscience and Technology
- Virtual session for International participants
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) was established in 1984 as Vellore Engineering College by the Honourable Chancellor Dr. G. Viswanathan with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. From its humble beginning, the institution has grown to a premier educational institution with modest student strength of 39000 from 29 states and 7 union territories of India and 50 countries across the world.
Currently VIT has 4 campuses – in Vellore, Chennai, Amaravati (AP) and Bhopal (MP). The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) of the MHRD, Government of India, has identified VIT as the best Private Engineering Institution in India in the year 2016 and in 2017. VIT has gone for accreditation by NAAC [India], IET [UK], and ABET [USA] and follows world class academic processes. VIT is the first and only in India to get 4 star rating from QS, the world universities ranking organization.
The Industry consortium FICCI, has declared VIT as the “University of the Year 2016”, in India. VIT has also been ranked in the top 201-250 in QS BRICS Ranking in 2016 and in the top 251-300 in Times Higher Education (THE), Asia Ranking. With its strong academic partnerships with over 200 Universities around the globe, VIT excels in academics and research.
The Centre for Nanotechnology Research (CNR) at VIT, Vellore was established in June 2008 and its faculties are actively engaged in teaching courses for the “M.Tech. Nanotechnology” programme and undertaking research projects for M.Tech. and Ph.D. Scholars. The M.Tech. Nanotechnology programme was initiated in 2006 by VIT.
VIT provided a generous support of about INR 13 million in setting up state-of-art Nanomaterial characterization and synthesis facilities for the Nanotechnology Lab. The M.Tech. Nanotechnology programme also received financial support of INR 29.4 million from the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi towards further enhancing infrastructure facilities of the Nanotechnology Laboratory and offering student fellowships and contingency grant for their research projects during the course.
The centre has received funds from various funding agencies like DST, DRDO, IEEE etc. Our research is focused on various niche areas of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology inline with the global needs and to cater the same, the centre is equipped with a team of inter-disciplinary faculty members. The centre has published more than 150 research articles in International Journals. The centre has recently extended its facilities for external researchers on a consultancy basis. For further details:http://www.vit.ac.in/research/centers/nanotech