The Centre is equipped with state-of-the-art machines such as Vertical Machining Centre, Horizontal Machining Centre, CNC Lathe, CNC WEDM and CNC Coordinate measuring machine. It is also equipped with around 200 IBM workstations, world class CAD/CAM/CAE softwares such as CATIA, Unigraphics, IDEAS, Pro-E, Solidworks, Cimatron, Solidcam, Solidedge, Ansys, Algor, LS Dyna, Hypermesh and DFMA. Some of the major initiatives in the direction of strengthening research in the Centre include signing of MoUs with Central Manufacturing Technology Institute, (CMTI), Bangalore; Defence Research & Development Laboratory, Hyderabad: Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, (IGCAR), Kalpakkam; and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras. Etc.
Major objectives of the Centre are:
- MOEMS based Sensors for Space Applications.
- To create indigenous capability in the emerging areas of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies like Lean Manufacturing, Micro Manufacturing and Nano Manufacturing etc.
- To pursue research, develop, evaluate, demonstrate and transfer advanced technologies of critical importance to the manufacturing industry in India
- To develop research capability on appropriate equipment and manufacturing processes
- To network with Universities and R & D institutions abroad and in India to source and develop the technology required for critical manufacturing applications
- To serve as a role model for university-industry- government collaboration through partnerships