Save mother earth for future generations through sustainability initiatives for conservation and scrupulous use of water, soil, air and other natural resources in VIT and the greater community.
- Be a Socially responsible Institution in promotion of waste management among communities in and around Vellore towards Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose, and Recycle of waste.
- Be a model in Green Practices and transfer technology in green practices for sustainable practices and Instill best practices among youth
- Awareness about waste management, reducing waste, segregation of waste , recycling,safeguard clean air, water and soil conservation for future generations.
- Promote alternative employment opportunities in Waste management – Plastic, Paper etc.,
- Enactment the cleanliness and hygiene campaign towards Zero waste generation.
- Bring out various models in recognizing clean water accessible for all individuals.
- Model centre in vermi-compost manure by the segregated waste in the campus for showcasing best recycling models
- Ensure community intervention in for understanding the importance of keeping the surroundings clean though various viable technologies
- Pilot affordable technologies which help rural communities for transformation and promotion of sanitation and hygiene indicators.
- Waste management: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle
- E – waste management
- Awareness and capacity building on waste resource management
- Water management
- Hygienic surroundings
- Green and Clean environment
- Soil conservation
- Reduction of Pollution
Inter-departmental team members
- Asst.Director , CSRD&RS
- Director, Estate Department
- Director, Student Welfare
- Deputy Director, Men’s Hostel
- Deputy Director, Ladies Hostel
- Outreach Department, VIT
- VIT,Garden Team
Bulk Wet Waste Garden Leaves and Grass Bulk Dry Waste Individual Behavior Change