For Ph.D. in Engineering:
1. Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant discipline with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class or
2. Equivalent qualifications like M.Sc. (Engineering) / M.S. [By Research.] / M.Tech [By Research].
For Ph. D in Sciences :
Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science with a first class (or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/ Institute does not award any class).
For Ph. D in Languages:
Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA
For Ph. D in Management:
Master in Business Administration or M.E./ M.Tech. with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class.
For Ph.D. in Law
Master's Degree in law (LLM/ML) from any recognized University/Institute, in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA.
For Ph. D in Fashion Technology:
M.Tech./M.E./M.Fashion Tech/M.S.[By Research]/M.Tech[By Research] in the field of Textile/Textile Engineering/Fibre Science/Textile Chemical Processing/Fashion/Apparel/Garment with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class.
For Integrated Ph.D in Engineering / Technology:
Bachelor’s Students with outstanding academic record in the Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology with an aptitude towards advanced scientific and technological research are eligible to apply. A minimum of 80% marks or a CGPA of 8.0 is mandatory. Candidates who are appearing for the final examination can also apply provided they meet all the requirements before admission.
Note: M.Sc Computer Science, M.Sc (IT), MCA and M.S.(Software Engg.) degree holders are not eligible to apply for PhD. Program.
1. A candidate who wishes to work for Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D degree on a full-time basis (including project staff working in sponsored projects being carried out at the Institute) should apply in the prescribed form on or before the specified date.
2. Teachers working in other colleges in a permanent position and candidates sponsored by R&D organizations of the following categories are eligible to apply to work on a part-time basis for PhD Degree:
3. Candidates of foreign nationality who hold Degrees from Indian Universities seeking admission to research programmes with the necessary clearance from the Government of India (The Ministry of Human Resource Development) and possess valid Visa will be treated on par with Indian nationals for purposes of admission to the Institute.
4. Foreign nationals with foreign degrees must meet the minimum educational requirements as given in Section 3. Their degrees must be equivalent to Indian degrees mentioned in Section 3 in Engineering/ Technology/ Science and they should have a good academic record. International Students are expected to have a good working knowledge of English. Candidates with valid GRE and TOEFL scores will be given preference. The case of each foreign applicant will be examined and admission will be offered purely on merit.
For all the Research Programmes, it is mandatory that the candidate should have studied in regular, full time and formal education in their previous degree programmes (UG and PG).
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D): The minimum period of study and research from the date of registration for the PhD programme to the date of submission of the thesis will be 30 months for full-time research scholars and 36 months for part-time research scholars.
Integrated Ph.D.: The minimum period of study and research from the date of registration for the Integrated PhD Programme to the date of submission of the thesis will be 4 years.
|1. Academic Fee -||https://vit.ac.in/admissions/international/fee|
|2. Hostel Fee -||https://vit.ac.in/admissions/international/fee|
The Research candidates, who satisfy the criteria prescribed, shall appear for SKYPE Interview and online test in the appropriate subject which schedule will be intimated later.
The following documents should be scanned and sent to email@example.com
For any queries on Academics, please contact:
International Relations Office
# 109, Floor I, Dr.M.G.R. Block
VIT Vellore - 632014
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone :+91-416-220 2131 / 3118
Fax : +91-416-2243118 / 2243092