Service and Support for Differently Abled Learners (SASDAL)
The Service and Support for Differently Abled Learners (SASDAL) in VIT operates under the Office of Students’ Welfare. The purpose of SASDAL is to provide helping hands to support differently-abled learners to continue their education in a smooth manner.
The details pertaining to physically disabled students are collected at the time of joining the institute and required support is provided.
- Ramp structures are installed adjacent to the staircases at the entrance of all the building blocks to ensure trouble-free movement.
- Inside all the building blocks, lifts are there for them to move from one floor to another.
- Accessible toilets are provided for differently-abled learners.
- Care is taken by each and every faculty member to ensure the learners are not getting deprived in any manner.
- Based on the circumstances, extra time is offered for them to complete the examination based on their disability.
- A scribe facility is provided for differently-abled learners based on the requirements.
- Stress caused by different reasons is counselled and supported by therapies.
Dr. Sujatha R
Associate Professor Sr.
Asst. Director, Students’ Welfare
Cabin No : Dr. MGR Block 102 C
Phone: 0416 220 2204