VIT is now home to 1,000+ international students from 65 countries, including exchange students from all over the world. Exchange program allow international students to take courses / projects at VIT, India for a semester while paying tuition at their home institution, with the potential to transfer course credit back to their home institutions.
You are eligible for an exchange to VIT if you satisfy the following, relevant conditions:
You can study courses with Credit Transfer at VIT Engineering and Science Schools / Research Centers on exchange during our Fall Semester (July - November), or Winter Semester (January - May). (or)
You can do research projects at VIT Engineering Schools / Research Centers for a minimum of 4 months to maximum of 6 months any time during an academic year.
How to apply
Step #1: Get nominated for exchange
Get nominated for exchange by your home institution and get confirmation that your nomination has been accepted by VIT. Signed nomination form from the home university is required to be submitted to the International Exchange Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)before the deadlines. Please find the nomination form
Your nomination must include:
1. Your full name as it appears in your passport
2. Your level of studies (i.e., undergraduate or graduate)
3. A brief description of what you study at your home institution
4. Your intended area(s) of study / project while on exchange at VIT
5. The requested duration of your exchange (i.e., Fall Term / Winter Semester, or project duration)
6. An email address at which you can be contacted
Step #2: Prepare and submit your learning agreement
After the nomination acceptance, Students must submit:
1. Completed "Learning Agreement"
2. Copy of the personal information page(s) of your passport
3. Copy of the official transcripts showing the courses already completed AND the curriculum that you are presently taking. Official transcripts must contain an official seal or signature AND must be in English.
4. Send the above application documents to International Exchange Program Coordinator (email@example.com)at VIT as single pdf files attached to an email and at one time only.
5. After you submit the completed learning agreement with your nomination letter before the deadline, it can take up to 4 to 6 weeks for it to be processed and for an official letter of admission to be released.
Points to be considered:
|Courses / Project
|Learning Agreement submission period
|Study / project period
|1st Aug to 20th Sep
|1st Oct to 15th Oct
|Jan to May
|1st Feb to 20th Mar
|1st Apr to 15th Apr
|Jul to Nov
|4 months prior to project period
|3 months prior to project period
|2 months prior to project period
|Any 4 - 6 months of an academic year
Tuition Fee and Cost of Living
Tuition fee for the study courses / research project for the period mentioned in the learning agreement is exempted for the students from partner institutions. Accommodation will be provided at VIT Student Hostels with food. 300 USD per month will be charged for hostel and food for the period mentioned in the learning agreement. Payment links and bank details will be shared with the admission letter. Applicants from non-partner institutions are advised to contact International Exchange Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)for more details on tuition fees.
Árcher Carlos Dava, Mozambique, Additive Manufacturing & 3D Printing Research Internship at School of Mechanical Engineering
Boutheina Zender, Turkey, Research Internship in Molecular Biology at Centre for Biomaterials, Cellular and Molecular Theranostics (CBCMT)
Simon Coessens, Belgium, Research Internship in Machine Learning at School of Information Technology and Engineering
International Exchange Program Coordinator
Vellore Institute of Technology, India
Phone +91 416 220 2070 / 2074