Vision & Mission
- Transforming life through excellence in education and research.
- World class Education: Excellence in education, grounded in ethics and critical thinking, for improvement of life.
- Cutting edge Research: An innovation ecosystem to extend knowledge and solve critical problems.
- Impactful People: Happy, accountable, caring and effective workforce and students.
- Rewarding Co-creations: Active collaboration with national & international industries & universities for productivity and economic development.
- Service to Society: Service to the region and world through knowledge and compassion.
- Student focus
- Strong ethics
- Striving for excellence
- Social development
- Respect for all
- Recognized as an Institution of Eminence (IoE) by MHRD, Government of India
- VIT has been ranked among the Top 20 Universities in the country for the 4th time consecutively by NIRF
- No.1 Private University for Innovation (2019) as recognized by ARIIA, Government of India
- Strong international presence across the world and partnerships with over 300 foreign universities
- In Limca Book of Records for the 8th time for unbeatable placement records
- FICCI Awarded “Excellence in enabling Research Environment” for the year 2019
- 2084 lakhs worth funded projects sanctioned by funding agencies in the FY 2018-19
- NAAC has re-accredited VIT with an ‘A’ grade in the 3rd cycle
- 33 Undergraduate, 36 Postgraduate and 15 Research Programmes are offered in the AY 2019-20
- A 372 acre eco-friendly campus with over 54.51 lakh sq.ft. built-up space at Vellore
- A 192 acre eco-friendly second campus at Chennai
- Over 36,000 students, with nearly one-third of them women
- Students from 60 countries as well as from every state in India
- Over 1700 faculty and 1090 staff
- VIT has been accredited by TCS, Wipro and Cognizant for academic collaboration and placements