Vision & Mission
- Transforming life through excellence in education and research.
- World class Education: Excellence in education, grounded in ethics and critical thinking, for improvement of life.
- Cutting edge Research: An innovation ecosystem to extend knowledge and solve critical problems.
- Impactful People: Happy, accountable, caring and effective workforce and students.
- Rewarding Co-creations: Active collaboration with national & international industries & universities for productivity and economic development.
- Service to Society: Service to the region and world through knowledge and compassion.
- Student focus
- Strong ethics
- Striving for excellence
- Social development
- Respect for all
- Over 2,23,000 appeared for the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) in 2017
- The Institution offers 33 Undergraduate, 36 Postgraduate and 15 Research programmes.
- NAAC has re-accredited VIT with an 'A' grade.
- A 360-acre eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh sq.ft. built-up space at Vellore.
- A 170 acre eco-friendly second campus at Chennai.
- Over 35,000 students, with nearly 1/3rd of them women
- Students from 60 countries as well as from every state in India
- Over 1400 faculty and 1413 staff.
- VIT has been accredited by TCS, Wipro and Cognizant for academic collaboration and placements.
- Entered the Limca Book of Records for Campus Recruitment.