VIT Business School (VIT BS)
VISION STATEMENT OF THE BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Transforming life through excellence in education and research
MISSION STATEMENT OF THE BUSINESS SCHOOL
- VIT Business School's Mission is to develop innovative, globally competitive and socially responsible leaders.
The focus is on making the MBA graduates versatile and innovative, in line with the current and emerging industry requirements.
MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- A minimum of 60% marks is required in undergraduate degree from a recognized University or Institution.
- The Bachelor’s degree should be of minimum 3 years duration after completion of higher secondary education (10+2) or equivalent.
- The candidate should have studied in regular full-time programmes.
- The candidate appearing for final year examination in the current academic year, whose results get published before August, is also eligible to apply.
- Relevant work experience will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should have taken any one of the tests -CAT/XAT/MAT/NMAT/GMAT/CMAT/ATMA and the scores should be made available to the admissions office before the last date for application.
- Programme is designed with Curriculum for Applied Learning (CAL)
- Trimester Pattern (VI Trimesters)
- Credit transfer options to foreign universities
- Foreign Internships
- Students learn through real time projects
- Soft skills training
- Capstone Project (VI-Trimester)
- Candidates can apply online at https://admissions.vit.ac.in/pgapplication/
- All eligible candidates will be invited for a personal interview (PI).
- The final selection will be made based on the merit list using a composite score with components: (1) academic performance (2) profile scoring - work experience, awards and recognition etc. (3) PI score and (4) Aptitude test score
No VIT entrance examination due to COVID-19.
- Students with valid CAT / XAT / GMAT score of 95 percentile and above are eligible for full tuition fee waiver
- Students with valid CAT / XAT / GMAT score of 90 percentile and above are eligible for 50% tuition fee waiver
- Students with valid MAT score of above 790 (791 to 800) are eligible for full tuition fee waiver
- Students with valid MAT score in the range of 760 to 790 are eligible for 50% tuition fee waiver
- NMAT score: 345 full fee waiver; 325-345 50% fees Waiver
- The two year MBA programme consists of six trimesters. Students can choose a range of elective courses from areas such as Finance, Marketing, Human Resources and Operations, Systems and Business Analytics.
VIT Business School students will
- (a) be original thinkers and creative problem solvers
- (b) compete in multi-cultural environments
- (c) make responsible decisions, considering stakeholders' interests
- (d) analyse the managerial situations and communicate effectively
- (e) will foster participative team work
VIT Business School MBA students will be able to
- (a) demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- (b) make decisions under constraints
- (c) comprehend global trends influencing the business environment
- (d) practice ethical values in achieving stakeholders welfare
- (e) identify business problems and formulate alternative courses of action
- (f) exhibit the capacity of introspection
Outside Class Room
Inside Class Room
In the Field
The theory part of every course will be delivered online to students
Students will learn to rely on themselves and the extent to which they have learnt the concepts will be assessed during the first week of every course
Students have to read cases, work on assignments every day for the class sessions
For a typical one hour class session, students will be assigned projects for two hours
The class session from the second week will be used for application cases and exercises
Faculty are trained on action-learning for effective delivery
Every Course will have field projects/assignments
Students will have to go to companies or meet customers to gain practical insights
Class sessions will be recorded and made available to students through the intranet for reference at a later date
Even the alumni will have access to courses that they did or any new courses to enable them to learn on a continuos basis
A career choice for an MBA is increasing day by day. MBA is one of the employment driven professional programmes which has been sought by the students. The only professional course which can fetch a job in any of the industries irrespective of the segmentation – is MBA
- Be it a ‘Top Technology Company Like “Microsoft”
- Be it a ‘Top IT Services company like “TCS”
- Be it a ‘Top Consulting Company like “Deloitte”
- Be it a largest E-commerce company like “Flipkart”
- Be it a largest hotel chain “OYO”
- Be it a largest engineering company like “Danfoss”
- Be it a largest food chain like “Zomato”
- Be it a leading Bank like “City Union Bank”
- Be it a largest Mixer Grinder manufacturer like “Preethi Kitchen”
- Be it Largest Organised footwear company like “VKC Pride”
Some job profiles are listed here
- Business Consultant
- Business Developer Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- HR Executive
- Key Account Manager
- Management trainee officers
- Recruitment Manager
- Sales Executive
- Trainees - Operations