The V-SPARC School of Architecture offers an accredited Bachelor's degree program in Architecture, approved by the Council of Architecture (CoA), New Delhi, in accordance with the Architects Act of 1972. Candidate selection for this program is based on the marks obtained in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), as determined by CoA and VIT's specific criteria.
Our program is meticulously designed to foster the progressive development of students' theoretical knowledge in Architectural Design while equipping them with the skills to tackle real-world challenges at local, national, regional, and global levels. This unique approach is rooted in the Curriculum Applied Learning (CAL) methodology, comprising Program Core courses that are mandatory for all students, and a diverse array of course-specific electives available throughout the semesters. This interdisciplinary learning not only enhances the educational experience but also sets our program apart, ensuring that our students are well-prepared to thrive in the field of architecture.
1. A curriculum primed for industry readiness.
2. Encouragement of interdisciplinary learning.
3. Practical, hands-on workshops for experiential education.
4. Engagement with industry experts.
5. Incorporating travel-based learning into the curriculum.
6. Facilitating international exchanges for both students and faculty.
7. Participation in international joint studio programs.
8. Promoting undergraduate research and publication.
9. Offering internship and placement guidance
|6||Building Sciences and Applied Engineering||52|
Architectural Design I: Foundation Design Studio
Architectural Design II: Spatial Exploration
Architectural Design III: Rural Environment Studies
Architectural Design IV: Midscale Urban Built Forms
Architectural Design V: Civic Design
Architectural Design VI: Technical Drawings
Architectural Design VII: Complex Typologies
Architectural Design VIII: Urban Design
1. Site visits: Videos/Photos
2. Study Tours: National and International (Videos/Photos)
1. Mr. Nirmal Sylvester J., Principal Architect, Urban Design Collaborative
2. Ms. Ranjeeta Giftson, Chief Architect, Kingsway Consultants
3. Mr. C. J. Kosalraman, Principal Architect, Infrabees Project Management Consultants Pvt Ltd
4. Mr. S. CHANDAR, Senior Partner, CS Designs Pvt Ltd
5. Mr. Asaithambi G., Senior Architect, Guru Design Studio, Pondicherry
V-SPARC School of Architecture offers a Bachelor degree program in Architecture approved by the Council of Architecture (CoA), New Delhi under the purview of the Architects Act of 1972. The selection of eligible candidates for the program is based on the marks obtained at the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) by the CoA and VIT set criteria.
The program is designed in such a way that the students would progressively develop their theoretical knowledge in Architectural Design as well as equip themselves to solve real world problems at local, national, regional and global scenarios.
The program is offered on a Fully Flexible Credit System (FFCS) where, there are Program Core courses which are mandatory for all students and a basket of course-specific electives that are available across semesters as a part of interdisciplinary learning which is unique to the program.
The program is completely outcome based as the hands-on studio projects experience focuses on professionalism, ethics and gender equality through semesters and which culminates to a Capstone project at the end of the five-year program.
Industry focused curriculum with embedded internship, quickly enables placements in large firms of national and international reputation.
It emphasizes pragmatic learning approach, which is facilitated through guest lectures and workshops by the industry experts. The students address societal and environmental challenges to find sustainable solutions and to mitigate them through architectural intervention.