CARE-PHC, VIT Vellore Campus
Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute (CHRI), a constituent college of Chettinad Academy of Research and Education (CARE), a Deemed to be University Under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 at Kelambakkam, Chennai through its primary health centre in the VIT, Vellore Campus provides round the clock primary (basic) health care services to all the students, staff and their dependents, faculty and their dependents and other employees working/residing at VIT Vellore Campus.
The Primary health centre is located at Dr.A.L.Mudaliar Block within VIT, Vellore Campus. It has a reception, Pharmacy, 2 Out Patient consultation rooms (one male and one female), Emergency room with 3 beds, Dressing/Suturing room situated at ground floor. 5 Specialist consultation rooms, 1 duty doctor room, 2 male & 2 female wards with 20 In-patient beds, Physiotherapy room, Lab & X-Ray situated at first floor.
For patients’ convenience full time and part time doctors are employed to render 24 hours service along with staff nurses, lab & X-Ray technicians, pharmacists, physiotherapist, ambulance drivers and attenders. In addition, various specialist doctors are also available in the evening hours (list enclosed below).
LIST OF SPECIALITY SERVICES
|4||Dermatology (Skin Specialist)|
|5||Pediatrics (Child Specialist)|
|6||Orthopedics (Bone Specialist)|
The primary health centre is equipped with all necessary instruments like wheel chairs, patient stretcher, weight machine, height scale, glucometer, FDA approved IR thermometer, BP apparatus, stethoscope, ambu bag, intubation set, otoscope, digital pulse oximeter, digital ECG monitor, crash cart with emergency medicines, ECG machine, nebuliser machine, oxygen cylinder, suction apparatus, steriliser, autoclave instrument and other instruments for dressing, suturing and minor procedures.
1. IN- PATIENT BEDS IN HEALTH CENTRE
- Total no. of beds : 20 beds
|Male Ward||Female Ward|
|General Ward||08 beds||06 beds|
|Isolation Ward||03 beds||03 beds|
|Total||11 beds||09 beds|
Isolation ward is used for students/employees suffering from infectious disease like Chicken pox, Measles etc.,
2. FIRST AID CENTRES
- Available round the clock maintained by a staff nurse.
- Basic first aid is given and referred to health centre for further treatment.
- Ladies hostel – E block - Intercom: 2744
- Men’s hostel – G block - Intercom: 2571
- Available from 11.00 am to 7.00 pm every Monday to Saturday.
- Services offered:
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Short Wave Diathermy (SWD)
- Interferential Therapy (IFT)
- Stimulator (ES)
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator (TENS)
- Wax Therapy
- Available round the clock at health centre.
5. AMBULANCE SERVICES
- Intercom: 2000/2238/2217
- 24 hours ambulance services are available with six ambulance drivers.
- 3 ambulances are available, one placed in health centre and others placed, one each in men’s and ladies hostel.
6. LABORATORY SERVICES
- Available from 7.00 am to 8.00 pm on all days.
- The following lab tests are done in the health centre.
|1||Complete Blood Count||21||Random Blood sugar||41||A.F.B. Smear|
|3||HB, PCV||23||PPBS||43||Throat Swab C/S|
|4||WBC Total||24||HbA1C||44||Sputum C/S|
|5||Differential Count||25||GTT||45||Blood Culture|
|6||Platelet Count||26||Sodium (Na)||46||Urine C/S|
|7||Peripheral Smear||27||Potassium (k)||47||Pus Culture|
|8||ESR||28||Chloride (cl)||48||Vaginal swab|
|9||Bleeding Time||29||Bicorbonate (HCO3)||49||Blood widal|
|10||Clotting Time||30||Calcium & Phosporous||50||A.S.O. Test|
|11||Blood Grouping & Typing||31||Urea||51||C.R.P. Test|
|12||Malarial Parasites/MF||32||Creatinine||52||R. A. Test|
|13||Urine Routine||33||Uric Acid||53||V.D.R.L Test|
|14||Urine Albumin/Sugar||34||Liver Function Test||54||HIV Elisa|
|15||BS / BP||35||Cholesterol||55||HIV Western Blot|
|16||Ketone Bodies (Acetone)||36||S. Bilirubin||56||HBs Ag|
|17||Pregnancy Test||37||Lipid Profile||57||HCV Ab|
|18||Stool Routine||38||Thyroid Profile||58||Montoux Test|
|20||Stool Occult Blood||40||LDH/Amylase|
7. X-RAY SERVICES:
- Available from 10.00 am to 8.00 pm on Monday to Saturday.
- The following X-Ray services are available in the health centre.
|2.||Ankle Joint AP and Lat|
|3.||Cervical Spine AP and Lat|
|7.||Elbow Joint AP/Lat|
|9.||Fore Arm AP/Lat|
|14.||Lumbar Spine AP/Lat|
|18.||Shoulder Joint AP/Lat|
Help Line Number : +(91) 416 220 2000/2217
Last updated on 24 June 2020