School of Hotel & Tourism Management (HOT)
This programme comprehensively focuses on all the aspects of hospitality management. Our goal is to provide students with a knowledge and understanding of current theories, concepts and laboratory practices. This course is aimed at those aspiring to be professionals in the field of hospitality industries. The students will be inculcated in the operations of hospitality sectors, star hotels and restaurant, front and back-office operations, housekeeping, culinary, food and beverage, marketing and sales, conferences, financial management, HR and personnel relations, purchasing and storage, sanitation, tourism marketing and management. In addition, the student will be nourished with industrial standards, computer skills, business communications, technical and interpersonal skills, inter cultural team dynamics, legal aspects and insurance and value of ethics. The curriculum was developed in response to huge industry demands for people with expertise in hospitality management. The course provides in-depth training and hands-on experience in various aspects of hospitality management.
B.Sc. Catering and Hotel Management
The Students can opt for careers in,
- Star hotels and allied industries
- Catering services (Railways / Defense / Manufacturing Industries / Flight catering / Cruise liners)
- Retail sector in Food & Beverage division
- Research and development
- Fast food chains
- Hotel and Catering Institutes
- Institutional management (Cafeterias in schools, Colleges, Factories, Company guest houses and so on)
- Guest houses & Club management
- As entrepreneur to start hospitality business
Above all, it enables our students to be optimally suited to the hotel, leisure, travel, tourism and many other related fields.
Last updated on 19 June 2020