School of Social Sciences and Languages (SSL)
The School of Social Sciences and Languages offers various language courses aimed at preparing students to be globally employable. Knowledge of foreign languages enhances the prospects of scientific and technical co-operation, and fosters cultural integration with the targeted societies. This, in turn, promotes growth and development in the modern era. Moreover, it provides a necessary edge and paves the way for career development. Several faculty members from France, Germany, Spain, Peru, and Italy have been associated with the school. Language courses at basic and intermediate levels are offered to undergraduate and postgraduate students of both engineering and non-engineering disciplines to enable them to avail of opportunities across the globe.
Master of Social Work
MSW, Master of Social Work is a two-year postgraduate programme. The most compelling rationale for developing an MSW Programme at VIT is to broaden its mission of serving society. The MSW programme is a postgraduate qualification for those looking to practice as qualified social workers.
Master of Social Work (MSW)
Master of Social Work MSW, Master of Social Work is a two-year postgraduate programme. The most compelling rationale for developing an MSW Programme at VIT is to broaden its mission of serving society. The MSW programme is a postgraduate qualification for those looking to practice as qualified social workers
- To equip students with professional knowledge, values, and skills needed for the social work profession.
- To provide a theoretical and applied framework for engagement, assessment, intervention and evaluation with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.
- To develop a practice oriented research and research oriented practice resulting in societal welfare.
- To imbibe the principles of public health policies and practices for effective processes and intervention.
- To ensure the research findings resulting in policy formulation and implementation.
- To develop students to understand the human diversity in the modern society.
- Social Work
- Social Work Practice with Individuals
- Social Work practice with Groups
- Social Work Practice with Community
- Social Policy and Planning
- Community Organisation and Development
- Social Welfare Administration
- Principles and Practice of Counselling
- Social Legislation
- Research Methodology
- Disaster Management
- Environmental Social Work
- Community Health
- Rural Community Development
- Urban Community Development
- Social work with Families and Children
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable Community Development
- Social Responsibility
- Medical Social Work
- Psychiatric Social Work
- Public Health Policies and Practices
- Therapeutic Interventions
In all industries for the following job roles
- Welfare Officer
- Social Scientist
- Medical Social Worker
- Community Development Officer
- Probationary Officer
- Rural Development Officer
- Medical and Healthcare Officer
- Researchers in social work
- Development Officers in NGOs
- Development and Welfare Officers in the Government Sector
Career Prospects: Health care industry, government organizations, educational institutions, NGOs