Indian Society of Earthquake Technology, Vellore Chapter
By the initiatives of VIT Vellore, ISET Vellore Chapter was established in December 2016 for the public welfare and seismic resilient India. Also, as a necessary forum for scientists and engineers of various specializations to join together and exchange ideas and to promote research, development and awareness work in the field of earthquake technology.
1. Dr. S. K. Sekar
Vellore Chapter Professor,
2. Mr. Simon. J
Vellore Chapter Assistant Professor, VIT Vellore
Indian Society of Earthquake Technology, VIT Student Chapter
ISET Student Chapter was established in March 2017 and by the initiatives taken by VIT Vellore, so as to encourage students to attend and organize conferences, workshops, training programs, etc., and thus to gain more knowledge about the earthquake resisting structures and uses them for social welfare. Every year we get new members added and the widespread awareness has marked an increasing profile.
1. Mr. Visuvasam. J Assistant Professor, VIT Vellore
2. Mr. Simon. J Assistant Professor, VIT Vellore
Collaborative activities by Indian Society of Earthquake Technology, VIT Student Chapter & Vellore Chapter Active participation of students, faculty and practicing engineers in the activities organized, has helped a lot in terms of knowledge and recourse sharing. This has created opportunities like hand-on-training of softwares, internships, job offers and research developments in the field of earthquake.
- A National Seminar on ‘Earthquake Engineering’ - 17.02.2017 at VIT, Vellore
- Basic Modeling and Analysis using Abaqus for Civil Engineering Applications - 23.09.2017 at VIT, Vellore
- Sturdy-A-Thon - 23.09.2017 at VIT, Vellore
- Workshop on ETABS and SAP2000 - 24.02.2018 at VIT, Vellore
- Workshop on Abaqus - Civil Engineering Applications - 17.03.2018 at VIT, Vellore
- Workshop on ETABS - 04.08.2018 at VIT, Vellore
- Workshop on SAP2000 - 04.08.2018 at VIT, Vellore